Synonyms of scold
- 1. scold, scolder, nag, nagger, common scold, unpleasant person, disagreeable person
- usage: someone (especially a woman) who annoys people by constantly finding fault
- 1. call on the carpet, take to task, rebuke, rag, trounce, reproof, lecture, reprimand, jaw, dress down, call down, scold, chide, berate, bawl out, remonstrate, chew out, chew up, have words, lambaste, lambast, knock, criticize, criticise, pick apart
- usage: censure severely or angrily; "The mother scolded the child for entering a stranger's car"; "The deputy ragged the Prime Minister"; "The customer dressed down the waiter for bringing cold soup"
- 2. grouch, grumble, scold, complain, kick, plain, sound off, quetch, kvetch
- usage: show one's unhappiness or critical attitude; "He scolded about anything that he thought was wrong"; "We grumbled about the increased work load"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of scold (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.