WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. scintillation, light, visible light, visible radiation
- usage: (physics) a flash of light that is produced in a phosphor when it absorbs a photon or ionizing particle
- 2. twinkle, scintillation, sparkling, change, alteration, modification
- usage: a rapid change in brightness; a brief spark or flash
- 3. scintillation, brilliance, genius
- usage: a brilliant display of wit
- 4. glitter, glister, glisten, scintillation, sparkle, brightness
- usage: the quality of shining with a bright reflected light
- 5. scintillation, fluctuation, wavering
- usage: the twinkling of the stars caused when changes in the density of the earth's atmosphere produce uneven refraction of starlight
All rights reserved.
See also: scintillation (Dictionary)