- 1. skimp, scant, work
- usage: work hastily or carelessly; deal with inadequately and superficially
- 2. scant, skimp, restrict
- usage: limit in quality or quantity
- 3. stint, skimp, scant, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: supply sparingly and with restricted quantities; "sting with the allowance"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. light, scant(predicate), short, insufficient (vs. sufficient), deficient
- usage: less than the correct or legal or full amount often deliberately so; "a light pound"; "a scant cup of sugar"; "regularly gives short weight"
All rights reserved.
See also: scant (Dictionary)