WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. scanner, reviewer, referee, reader
- usage: someone who scans verse to determine the number and prosodic value of the syllables
- 2. scanner, digital scanner, image scanner, electronic device, data input device, input device
- usage: an electronic device that generates a digital representation of an image for data input to a computer
- 3. scanner, dish, dish aerial, dish antenna, saucer
- usage: a radar dish that rotates or oscillates in order to scan a broad area
- 4. scanner, electronic scanner, detector
- usage: a radio receiver that moves automatically across some selected range of frequencies looking for some signal or condition; "they used scanners to monitor police radio channels"
All rights reserved.
See also: scanner (Dictionary)