Synonyms of scallop
- 1. scallop, crenation, crenature, crenel, crenelle, curve, curved shape
- usage: one of a series of rounded projections (or the notches between them) formed by curves along an edge (as the edge of a leaf or piece of cloth or the margin of a shell or a shriveled red blood cell observed in a hypertonic solution etc.)
- 2. scallop, scollop, escallop, shellfish
- usage: edible muscle of mollusks having fan-shaped shells; served broiled or poached or in salads or cream sauces
- 3. cutlet, scallop, scollop, escallop, piece, slice
- usage: thin slice of meat (especially veal) usually fried or broiled
- 4. scallop, scollop, escallop, bivalve, pelecypod, lamellibranch
- usage: edible marine bivalve having a fluted fan-shaped shell that swim by expelling water from the shell in a series of snapping motions
- 1. scallop, decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify
- usage: decorate an edge with scallops; "the dress had a scalloped skirt"
- 2. scallop, escallop, cook, fix, ready, make, prepare
- usage: bake in a sauce, milk, etc., often with breadcrumbs on top
- 3. scallop, scollop, hollow, hollow out, core out
- usage: form scallops in; "scallop the meat"
- 4. scallop, scollop, fish
- usage: fish for scallops
- 5. scallop, scollop, shape, form
- usage: shape or cut in scallops; "scallop the hem of the dress"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of scallop (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.