- 1. scaling, grading, order, ordering
- usage: the act of arranging in a graduated series
- 2. scaling, measurement, measuring, measure, mensuration
- usage: act of measuring or arranging or adjusting according to a scale
- 3. scaling, climb, mount
- usage: ascent by or as if by a ladder
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. scale, measure
- usage: measure by or as if by a scale; "This bike scales only 25 pounds"
- 2. scale, model, pattern
- usage: pattern, make, regulate, set, measure, or estimate according to some rate or standard
- 3. scale, take
- usage: take by attacking with scaling ladders; "The troops scaled the walls of the fort"
- 4. scale, surmount, reach, make, attain, hit, arrive at, gain
- usage: reach the highest point of; "We scaled the Mont Blanc"
- 5. scale, climb, climb up, mount, go up
- usage: climb up by means of a ladder
- 6. scale, descale, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove the scales from; "scale fish"
- 7. scale, quantify, measure
- usage: measure with or as if with scales; "scale the gold"
- 8. scale, size
- usage: size or measure according to a scale; "This model must be scaled down"
All rights reserved.
See also: scaling (Dictionary)