- 1. scald, burn
- usage: a burn cause by hot liquid or steam
- 2. scald, burn
- usage: the act of burning with steam or hot water
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. blister, scald, whip, attack, round, assail, lash out, snipe, assault
- usage: subject to harsh criticism; "The Senator blistered the administration in his speech on Friday"; "the professor scaled the students"; "your invectives scorched the community"
- 2. scald, process, treat
- usage: treat with boiling water; "scald tomatoes so that they can be peeled"
- 3. scald, heat, heat up
- usage: heat to the boiling point; "scald the milk"
- 4. scald, burn
- usage: burn with a hot liquid or steam; "She scalded her hands when she turned on the faucet and hot water came out"
All rights reserved.
See also: scald (Dictionary)