WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. scalawag, scallywag, bad person
- usage: a white Southerner who supported Reconstruction policies after the American Civil War (usually for self-interest)
- 2. rogue, knave, rascal, rapscallion, scalawag, scallywag, varlet, villain, scoundrel
- usage: a deceitful and unreliable scoundrel
- 3. imp, scamp, monkey, rascal, rapscallion, scalawag, scallywag, child, kid, youngster, minor, shaver, nipper, small fry, tiddler, tike, tyke, fry, nestling
- usage: one who is playfully mischievous
All rights reserved.
See also: scalawag (Dictionary)