WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. scandium, Sc, atomic number 21, metallic element, metal
- usage: a white trivalent metallic element; sometimes classified in the rare earth group; occurs in the Scandinavian mineral thortveitite
- 2. South Carolina, Palmetto State, SC
- usage: a state in the Deep South; one of the original 13 colonies
- 3. Security Council, SC, council
- usage: a permanent council of the United Nations; responsible for preserving world peace
All rights reserved.
See also: sc (Dictionary)