Synonyms of save
- 1. save, prevention, bar
- usage: (sports) the act of preventing the opposition from scoring; "the goalie made a brilliant save"; "the relief pitcher got credit for a save"
- 1. salvage, salve, relieve, save, rescue, deliver
- usage: save from ruin, destruction, or harm
- 2. save, preserve, keep, hold on
- usage: to keep up and reserve for personal or special use; "She saved the old family photographs in a drawer"
- 3. save, carry through, pull through, bring through
- usage: bring into safety; "We pulled through most of the victims of the bomb attack"
- 4. save
- usage: spend less; buy at a reduced price
- 5. save, lay aside, save up
- usage: accumulate money for future use; "He saves half his salary"
- 6. save, make unnecessary, prevent, forestall, foreclose, preclude, forbid
- usage: make unnecessary an expenditure or effort; "This will save money"; "I'll save you the trouble"; "This will save you a lot of time"
- 7. deliver, redeem, save
- usage: save from sins
- 8. spare, save, refrain, forbear
- usage: refrain from harming
- 9. save, economize, economise, spend, expend, drop
- usage: spend sparingly, avoid the waste of; "This move will save money"; "The less fortunate will have to economize now"
- 10. keep open, hold open, keep, save, reserve, hold, book
- usage: retain rights to; "keep my job for me while I give birth"; "keep my seat, please"; "keep open the possibility of a merger"
- 11. write, save, record, tape
- usage: record data on a computer; "boot-up instructions are written on the hard disk"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of save (Dictionary)