WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. savageness, savagery, ferocity, fierceness, furiousness, fury, vehemence, violence, wildness
- usage: the property of being untamed and ferocious; "the coastline is littered with testaments to the savageness of the waters"; "a craving for barbaric splendor, for savagery and color and the throb of drums"
- 2. ferociousness, brutality, viciousness, savagery, cruelty, cruelness, harshness
- usage: the trait of extreme cruelty
- 3. brutality, barbarity, barbarism, savagery, atrocity, inhumanity
- usage: a brutal barbarous savage act
All rights reserved.
See also: savagery (Dictionary)