WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. impregnation, saturation, permeation, pervasion, suffusion
- usage: the process of totally saturating something with a substance; "the impregnation of wood with preservative"; "the saturation of cotton with ether"
- 2. saturation, filling
- usage: the act of soaking thoroughly with a liquid
- 3. saturation, condition, status
- usage: a condition in which a quantity no longer responds to some external influence
- 4. saturation, chroma, intensity, vividness, color property
- usage: chromatic purity: freedom from dilution with white and hence vivid in hue
All rights reserved.
See also: saturation (Dictionary)