WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. satisfaction, contentment
- usage: the contentment one feels when one has fulfilled a desire, need, or expectation; "the chef tasted the sauce with great satisfaction"
- 2. gratification, satisfaction, emotional state, spirit
- usage: state of being gratified or satisfied; "dull repetitious work gives no gratification"; "to my immense gratification he arrived on time"
- 3. atonement, expiation, satisfaction, damages, amends, indemnity, indemnification, restitution, redress
- usage: compensation for a wrong; "we were unable to get satisfaction from the local store"
- 4. satisfaction, payment
- usage: (law) the payment of a debt or fulfillment of an obligation; "the full and final satisfaction of the claim"
- 5. satisfaction, change
- usage: act of fulfilling a desire or need or appetite; "the satisfaction of their demand for better services"
All rights reserved.
See also: satisfaction (Dictionary)