WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sardine, pilchard, saltwater fish
- usage: small fatty fish usually canned
- 2. sardine, clupeid fish, clupeid, food fish
- usage: any of various small edible herring or related food fishes frequently canned
- 3. sard, sardine, sardius, chalcedony, calcedony
- usage: a deep orange-red variety of chalcedony
- 4. pilchard, sardine, Sardina pilchardus, clupeid fish, clupeid
- usage: small fishes found in great schools along coasts of Europe; smaller and rounder than herring
All rights reserved.
See also: sardine (Dictionary)