- 1. sap, solution
- usage: a watery solution of sugars, salts, and minerals that circulates through the vascular system of a plant
- 2. fool, sap, saphead, muggins, tomfool, simpleton, simple
- usage: a person who lacks good judgment
- 3. blackjack, cosh, sap, bludgeon
- usage: a piece of metal covered by leather with a flexible handle; used for hitting people
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. run down, exhaust, play out, sap, tire, consume, eat up, use up, eat, deplete, exhaust, run through, wipe out
- usage: deplete; "exhaust one's savings"; "We quickly played out our strength"
- 2. sap, cave, undermine
- usage: excavate the earth beneath
All rights reserved.
See also: sap (Dictionary)