WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Santiago de los Caballeros, Santiago
- usage: city in the northern Dominican Republic
- 2. Santiago de Cuba, Santiago
- usage: a port city in southeastern Cuba; industrial center
- 3. Gran Santiago, Santiago, Santiago de Chile, capital of Chile
- usage: the capital and largest city of Chile; located in central Chile; one of the largest cities in South America
- 4. Santiago, Santiago de Cuba
- usage: a naval battle in the Spanish-American War (1898); the United States fleet bottled up the Spanish ships in the harbor of Santiago de Cuba and destroyed them when they tried to escape
All rights reserved.
See also: santiago (Dictionary)