- 1. consecrate, bless, hallow, sanctify, declare
- usage: render holy by means of religious rites
- 2. purify, purge, sanctify, change, alter, modify
- usage: make pure or free from sin or guilt; "he left the monastery purified"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. consecrated, sacred, sanctified, holy (vs. unholy)
- usage: made or declared or believed to be holy; devoted to a deity or some religious ceremony or use; "a consecrated church"; "the sacred mosque"; "sacred elephants"; "sacred bread and wine"; "sanctified wine"
All rights reserved.
See also: sanctified (Dictionary)