- 1. sampling, choice, selection, option, pick
- usage: (statistics) the selection of a suitable sample for study
- 2. sample distribution, sample, sampling, distribution, statistical distribution
- usage: items selected at random from a population and used to test hypotheses about the population
- 3. sampling, measurement, measuring, measure, mensuration
- usage: measurement at regular intervals of the amplitude of a varying waveform (in order to convert it to digital form)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sample, try, try out, taste, consume, ingest, take in, take, have
- usage: take a sample of; "Try these new crackers"; "Sample the regional dishes"
All rights reserved.
See also: sampling (Dictionary)