- 1. sample, example, illustration, instance, representative
- usage: a small part of something intended as representative of the whole
- 2. sample distribution, sample, sampling, distribution, statistical distribution
- usage: items selected at random from a population and used to test hypotheses about the population
- 3. sample, natural object
- usage: all or part of a natural object that is collected and preserved as an example of its class
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sample, try, try out, taste, consume, ingest, take in, take, have
- usage: take a sample of; "Try these new crackers"; "Sample the regional dishes"
All rights reserved.
See also: sample (Dictionary)