- 1. salt, season, flavor, flavour
- usage: add salt to
- 2. salt, sprinkle, splash, splosh
- usage: sprinkle as if with salt; "the rebels had salted the fields with mines and traps"
- 3. salt, spice, spice up
- usage: add zest or liveliness to; "She salts her lectures with jokes"
- 4. salt, preserve, keep
- usage: preserve with salt; "people used to salt meats on ships"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. salted, salt-cured, brine-cured, preserved (vs. fresh)
- usage: (used especially of meats) preserved in salt
All rights reserved.
See also: salted (Dictionary)