WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. saltation, natural process, natural action, action, activity
- usage: (geology) the leaping movement of sand or soil particles as they are transported in a fluid medium over an uneven surface
- 2. saltation, mutation, genetic mutation, chromosomal mutation
- usage: (genetics) a mutation that drastically changes the phenotype of an organism or species
- 3. leap, jump, saltation, transition
- usage: an abrupt transition; "a successful leap from college to the major leagues"
- 4. dancing, dance, terpsichore, saltation, diversion, recreation, performing arts
- usage: taking a series of rhythmical steps (and movements) in time to music
- 5. leap, leaping, spring, saltation, bound, bounce, jump, jumping
- usage: a light, self-propelled movement upwards or forwards
All rights reserved.
See also: saltation (Dictionary)