WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. salsify, oyster plant, root
- usage: edible root of the salsify plant
- 2. salsify, oyster plant, vegetable oyster, Tragopogon porrifolius, herb, herbaceous plant
- usage: Mediterranean biennial herb with long-stemmed heads of purple ray flowers and milky sap and long edible root; naturalized throughout United States
- 3. salsify, root vegetable
- usage: either of two long roots eaten cooked
All rights reserved.
See also: salsify (Dictionary)