Synonyms of salient
- 1. salient, projection
- usage: (military) the part of the line of battle that projects closest to the enemy
- 1. outstanding, prominent, salient, spectacular, striking, conspicuous (vs. inconspicuous)
- usage: having a quality that thrusts itself into attention; "an outstanding fact of our time is that nations poisoned by anti semitism proved less fortunate in regard to their own freedom"; "a new theory is the most prominent feature of the book"; "salient traits"; "a spectacular rise in prices"; "a striking thing about Picadilly Circus is the statue of Eros in the center"; "a striking resemblance between parent and child"
- 2. salient (vs. re-entrant)
- usage: (of angles) pointing outward at an angle of less than 180 degrees
- 3. salient(postnominal), inclined (vs. horizontal) (vs. vertical)
- usage: represented as leaping (rampant but leaning forward)
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of salient (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.