WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sale, selling, merchandising, marketing
- usage: a particular instance of selling; "he has just made his first sale"; "they had to complete the sale before the banks closed"
- 2. sale, selling, merchandising, marketing
- usage: the general activity of selling; "they tried to boost sales"; "laws limit the sale of handguns"
- 3. sale, cut-rate sale, sales event, occasion
- usage: an occasion (usually brief) for buying at specially reduced prices; "they held a sale to reduce their inventory"; "I got some great bargains at their annual sale"
- 4. sale, merchantability
- usage: the state of being purchasable; offered or exhibited for selling; "you'll find vitamin C for sale at most pharmacies"; "the new line of cars will soon be on sale"
- 5. sale, sales agreement, agreement, understanding
- usage: an agreement (or contract) in which property is transferred from the seller (vendor) to the buyer (vendee) for a fixed price in money (paid or agreed to be paid by the buyer); "the salesman faxed the sales agreement to his home office"
All rights reserved.
See also: sale (Dictionary)