- 1. seafaring, navigation, sailing, employment, work
- usage: the work of a sailor
- 2. sailing, water travel, seafaring
- usage: riding in a sailboat
- 3. sailing, departure, going, going away, leaving
- usage: the departure of a vessel from a port
- 4. glide, gliding, sailplaning, soaring, sailing, flight, flying
- usage: the activity of flying a glider
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sail, travel, journey
- usage: traverse or travel on (a body of water); "We sailed the Atlantic"; "He sailed the Pacific all alone"
- 2. sweep, sail, move
- usage: move with sweeping, effortless, gliding motions; "The diva swept into the room"; "Shreds of paper sailed through the air"; "The searchlights swept across the sky"
- 3. sail, boat
- usage: travel on water propelled by wind; "I love sailing, especially on the open sea"; "the ship sails on"
- 4. voyage, sail, navigate, travel, journey
- usage: travel on water propelled by wind or by other means; "The QE2 will sail to Southampton tomorrow"
All rights reserved.
See also: sailing (Dictionary)