- 1. sage, mentor, wise man
- usage: a mentor in spiritual and philosophical topics who is renowned for profound wisdom
- 2. sage, herb
- usage: aromatic fresh or dried grey-green leaves used widely as seasoning for meats and fowl and game etc
- 3. sage, salvia, herb, herbaceous plant
- usage: any of various plants of the genus Salvia; a cosmopolitan herb
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sage, wise (vs. foolish)
- usage: having wisdom that comes with age and experience
- 2. sage, sage-green, chromatic (vs. achromatic)
- usage: of the grey-green color of sage leaves
All rights reserved.
See also: sage (Dictionary)