WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. safety, condition, status
- usage: the state of being certain that adverse effects will not be caused by some agent under defined conditions; "insure the safety of the children"; "the reciprocal of safety is risk"
- 2. safety, refuge, area, country
- usage: a safe place; "He ran to safety"
- 3. guard, safety, safety device, device
- usage: a device designed to prevent injury or accidents
- 4. base hit, safety, hit
- usage: (baseball) the successful act of striking a baseball in such a way that the batter reaches base safely
- 5. condom, rubber, safety, safe, prophylactic, contraceptive, preventive, preventative, contraceptive device, prophylactic device, birth control device
- usage: contraceptive device consisting of a sheath of thin rubber or latex that is worn over the penis during intercourse
- 6. safety, score
- usage: a score in American football; a player is tackled behind his own goal line
All rights reserved.
See also: safety (Dictionary)