- 1. saddle, seat
- usage: a seat for the rider of a horse or camel
- 2. saddleback, saddle, pass, mountain pass, notch
- usage: a pass or ridge that slopes gently between two peaks (is shaped like a saddle)
- 3. saddle, cut, cut of meat
- usage: cut of meat (especially mutton or lamb) consisting of part of the backbone and both loins
- 4. saddle, piece of leather
- usage: a piece of leather across the instep of a shoe
- 5. bicycle seat, saddle, seat
- usage: a seat for the rider of a bicycle
- 6. saddle, body part
- usage: posterior part of the back of a domestic fowl
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. saddle, attach
- usage: put a saddle on; "saddle the horses"
- 2. saddle, burden, burthen, weight, weight down
- usage: load or burden; encumber; "he saddled me with that heavy responsibility"
- 3. charge, saddle, burden, command, require
- usage: impose a task upon, assign a responsibility to; "He charged her with cleaning up all the files over the weekend"
All rights reserved.
See also: saddle (Dictionary)