Synonyms of running away
- 1. running away, act, deed, human action, human activity
- usage: the act of leaving (without permission) the place you are expected to be
- 1. scat, run, scarper, turn tail, lam, run away, hightail it, bunk, head for the hills, take to the woods, escape, fly the coop, break away, leave, go forth, go away
- usage: flee; take to one's heels; cut and run; "If you see this man, run!"; "The burglars escaped before the police showed up"
- 2. run away, escape, get away, break loose
- usage: escape from the control of; "Industry is running away with us all"
All rights reserved.