Synonyms of run off
- 1. overflow, runoff, overspill, flow, flowing
- usage: the occurrence of surplus liquid (as water) exceeding the limit or capacity
- 2. runoff, election
- usage: a final election to resolve an earlier election that did not produce a winner
- 1. abscond, bolt, absquatulate, decamp, run off, go off, make off, flee, fly, take flight
- usage: run away; usually includes taking something or somebody along; "The thief made off with our silver"; "the accountant absconded with the cash from the safe"
- 2. run off, run out, bolt, bolt out, beetle off, leave, go forth, go away
- usage: leave suddenly and as if in a hurry; "The listeners bolted when he discussed his strange ideas"; "When she started to tell silly stories, I ran out"
- 3. chase away, drive out, turn back, drive away, dispel, drive off, run off, move, displace
- usage: force to go away; used both with concrete and metaphoric meanings; "Drive away potential burglars"; "drive away bad thoughts"; "dispel doubts"; "The supermarket had to turn back many disappointed customers"
- 4. elope, run off, flee, fly, take flight
- usage: run away secretly with one's beloved; "The young couple eloped and got married in Las Vegas"
- 5. waste, run off, run, flow, feed, course
- usage: run off as waste; "The water wastes back into the ocean"
- 6. photocopy, run off, xerox, reproduce
- usage: reproduce by xerography
- 7. run off, compete, vie, contend
- usage: decide (a contest or competition) by a runoff
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.