Synonyms of run away
- 1. runaway, blowout, romp, laugher, shoo-in, walkaway, victory, triumph
- usage: an easy victory
- 2. fugitive, runaway, fleer, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: someone who flees from an uncongenial situation; "fugitives from the sweatshops"
- 1. scat, run, scarper, turn tail, lam, run away, hightail it, bunk, head for the hills, take to the woods, escape, fly the coop, break away, leave, go forth, go away
- usage: flee; take to one's heels; cut and run; "If you see this man, run!"; "The burglars escaped before the police showed up"
- 2. run away, escape, get away, break loose
- usage: escape from the control of; "Industry is running away with us all"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. runaway, uncontrolled (vs. controlled)
- usage: completely out of control; "runaway inflation"
All rights reserved.