WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ruffle, ruffle up, rumple, mess up, disarrange
- usage: disturb the smoothness of; "ruffle the surface of the water"
- 2. pucker, rumple, cockle, crumple, knit, wrinkle, ruckle, crease, crinkle, scrunch, scrunch up, crisp
- usage: to gather something into small wrinkles or folds; "She puckered her lips"
- 3. rumple, crumple, wrinkle, crease, crinkle, fold, fold up
- usage: become wrinkled or crumpled or creased; "This fabric won't wrinkle"
All rights reserved.
See also: rumple (Dictionary)