- 1. rummage, clutter, jumble, muddle, fuddle, mare's nest, welter, smother
- usage: a jumble of things to be given away
- 2. ransacking, rummage, search, hunt, hunting
- usage: a thorough search for something (often causing disorder or confusion); "he gave the attic a good rummage but couldn't find his skis"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. rummage, search
- usage: search haphazardly; "We rummaged through the drawers"
All rights reserved.
See also: rummage (Dictionary)