Synonyms of ruining
- 1. laying waste, ruin, ruining, ruination, wrecking, destruction, devastation
- usage: destruction achieved by causing something to be wrecked or ruined
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. destroy, ruin
- usage: destroy completely; damage irreparably; "You have ruined my car by pouring sugar in the tank!"; "The tears ruined her make-up"
- 2. ruin, thwart, queer, spoil, scotch, foil, cross, frustrate, baffle, bilk
- usage: destroy or cause to fail; "This behavior will ruin your chances of winning the election"
- 3. bankrupt, ruin, break, smash, impoverish
- usage: reduce to bankruptcy; "My daughter's fancy wedding is going to break me!"; "The slump in the financial markets smashed him"
- 4. ruin, lay waste to, waste, devastate, desolate, ravage, scourge
- usage: reduce to ruins; "The country lay ruined after the war"
- 5. deflower, ruin, copulate, mate, pair, couple
- usage: deprive of virginity; "This dirty old man deflowered several young girls in the village"
- 6. ruin, decay, crumble, dilapidate
- usage: fall into ruin
All rights reserved.