Synonyms of ruffle
- 1. frill, flounce, ruffle, furbelow, adornment
- usage: a strip of pleated material used as a decoration or a trim
- 2. choker, ruff, ruffle, neck ruff, collar, neckband
- usage: a high tight collar
- 3. affray, disturbance, fray, ruffle, fight, fighting, combat, scrap
- usage: a noisy fight
- 1. ripple, ruffle, riffle, cockle, undulate, flow, flux
- usage: stir up (water) so as to form ripples
- 2. ruffle, annoy, rag, get to, bother, get at, irritate, rile, nark, nettle, gravel, vex, chafe, devil
- usage: trouble or vex; "ruffle somebody's composure"
- 3. tittup, swagger, ruffle, prance, strut, sashay, cock, walk
- usage: to walk with a lofty proud gait, often in an attempt to impress others; "He struts around like a rooster in a hen house"
- 4. ruffle, fluster
- usage: discompose; "This play is going to ruffle some people"; "She has a way of ruffling feathers among her colleagues"
- 5. flick, ruffle, riffle, move, displace
- usage: twitch or flutter; "the paper flicked"
- 6. shuffle, ruffle, mix, manipulate
- usage: mix so as to make a random order or arrangement; "shuffle the cards"
- 7. ruffle, fluff, loosen
- usage: erect or fluff up; "the bird ruffled its feathers"
- 8. ruffle, ruffle up, rumple, mess up, disarrange
- usage: disturb the smoothness of; "ruffle the surface of the water"
- 9. ruffle, pleat, fold, fold up, turn up
- usage: pleat or gather into a ruffle; "ruffle the curtain fabric"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of ruffle (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.