- 1. royal, sail, canvas, canvass, sheet
- usage: a sail set next above the topgallant on a royal mast
- 2. royal, royal stag, stag
- usage: stag with antlers of 12 or more branches
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. royal
- usage: of or relating to or indicative of or issued or performed by a king or queen or other monarch; "the royal party"; "the royal crest"; "by royal decree"; "a royal visit"
- 2. royal
- usage: established or chartered or authorized by royalty; "the Royal Society"
- 3. royal, noble (vs. lowborn)
- usage: being of the rank of a monarch; "of royal ancestry"; "princes of the blood royal"
- 4. imperial, majestic, purple, regal, royal, noble (vs. lowborn)
- usage: belonging to or befitting a supreme ruler; "golden age of imperial splendor"; "purple tyrant"; "regal attire"; "treated with royal acclaim"; "the royal carriage of a stag's head"
- 5. royal, crowned (vs. uncrowned)
- usage: invested with royal power as symbolized by a crown; "the royal (or crowned) heads of Europe"
All rights reserved.
See also: royal (Dictionary)