- 1. wandering, roving, vagabondage, travel, traveling, travelling
- usage: travelling about without any clear destination; "she followed him in his wanderings and looked after him"
- 1. roll, wander, swan, stray, tramp, roam, cast, ramble, rove, range, drift, vagabond, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment; "The gypsies roamed the woods"; "roving vagabonds"; "the wandering Jew"; "The cattle roam across the prairie"; "the laborers drift from one town to the next"; "They rolled from town to town"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. mobile, nomadic, peregrine, roving, wandering, unsettled (vs. settled)
- usage: migratory; "a restless mobile society"; "the nomadic habits of the Bedouins"; "believed the profession of a peregrine typist would have a happy future"; "wandering tribes"
All rights reserved.
See also: roving (Dictionary)