- 1. rounding, rounding error, miscalculation, misreckoning, misestimation
- usage: (mathematics) a miscalculation that results from rounding off numbers to a convenient number of decimals; "the error in the calculation was attributable to rounding"; "taxes are rounded off to the nearest dollar but the rounding error is surprisingly small"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. round, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: wind around; move along a circular course; "round the bend"
- 2. round, round out, round off, shape, form
- usage: make round; "round the edges"
- 3. round, labialize, labialise, pronounce, articulate, enounce, sound out, enunciate, say
- usage: pronounce with rounded lips
- 4. attack, round, assail, lash out, snipe, assault, knock, criticize, criticise, pick apart
- usage: attack in speech or writing; "The editors of the left-leaning paper attacked the new House Speaker"
- 5. polish, round, round off, polish up, brush up, perfect, hone
- usage: bring to a highly developed, finished, or refined state; "polish your social manners"
- 6. round off, round down, round out, round, change, alter, modify
- usage: express as a round number; "round off the amount"
- 7. round, flesh out, fill out, gain, put on
- usage: become round, plump, or shapely; "The young woman is fleshing out"
All rights reserved.
See also: rounding (Dictionary)