WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. rotation, rotary motion, motion, movement, move, motility
- usage: the act of rotating as if on an axis; "the rotation of the dancer kept time with the music"
- 2. rotation, transformation
- usage: (mathematics) a transformation in which the coordinate axes are rotated by a fixed angle about the origin
- 3. rotation, revolution, gyration, turning, turn
- usage: a single complete turn (axial or orbital); "the plane made three rotations before it crashed"; "the revolution of the earth about the sun takes one year"
- 4. rotation, sequence, chronological sequence, succession, successiveness, chronological succession
- usage: a planned recurrent sequence (of crops or personnel etc.); "crop rotation makes a balanced demand on the fertility of the soil"; "the manager had only four starting pitchers in his rotation"
All rights reserved.
See also: rotation (Dictionary)