Synonyms of ross
- 1. Ross, John Ross, Sir John Ross
- usage: Scottish explorer who led Arctic expeditions that yielded geographic discoveries while searching for the Northwest Passage (1777-1856)
- 2. Ross, James Clark Ross, Sir James Clark Ross
- usage: British explorer of the Arctic and Antarctic; located the north magnetic pole in 1831; discovered the Ross Sea in Antarctica; nephew of Sir John Ross (1800-1862)
- 3. Ross, Sir Ronald Ross
- usage: British physician who discovered that mosquitos transmit malaria (1857-1932)
- 4. Ross, Nellie Ross, Nellie Tayloe Ross
- usage: a politician in Wyoming who was the first woman governor in the United States (1876-1977)
- 5. Ross, Betsy Ross, Betsy Griscom Ross
- usage: American seamstress said to have made the first American flag at the request of George Washington (1752-1836)
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of ross (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.