Synonyms of rooting
- 1. rooting, growth, growing, maturation, development, ontogeny, ontogenesis
- usage: the process of putting forth roots and beginning to grow
- 1. root, grow
- usage: take root and begin to grow; "this plant roots quickly"
- 2. root, become
- usage: come into existence, originate; "The problem roots in her depression"
- 3. root, plant, set
- usage: plant by the roots
- 4. rout, root, rootle, dig, delve, cut into, turn over
- usage: dig with the snout; "the pig was rooting for truffles"
- 5. settle, root, take root, steady down, settle down, stabilize, stabilise
- usage: become settled or established and stable in one's residence or life style; "He finally settled down"
- 6. root, grow
- usage: cause to take roots
All rights reserved.