WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. rootage, stationariness, immobility, fixedness
- usage: fixedness by or as if by roots; "strengthened by rootage in the firm soil of faith"
- 2. rootage, root system, system, scheme
- usage: a developed system of roots
- 3. beginning, origin, root, rootage, source, point
- usage: the place where something begins, where it springs into being; "the Italian beginning of the Renaissance"; "Jupiter was the origin of the radiation"; "Pittsburgh is the source of the Ohio River"; "communism's Russian root"
All rights reserved.
See also: rootage (Dictionary)