Synonyms of rook
- 1. castle, rook, chessman, chess piece
- usage: (chess) the piece that can move any number of unoccupied squares in a direction parallel to the sides of the chessboard
- 2. rook, Corvus frugilegus, corvine bird
- usage: common gregarious Old World bird about the size and color of the American crow
- 1. victimize, swindle, rook, goldbrick, nobble, diddle, bunco, defraud, scam, mulct, gyp, gip, hornswoggle, short-change, con, cheat, rip off, chisel
- usage: deprive of by deceit; "He swindled me out of my inheritance"; "She defrauded the customers who trusted her"; "the cashier gypped me when he gave me too little change"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of rook (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.