Synonyms of roof
- 1. roof, protective covering, protective cover, protection
- usage: a protective covering that covers or forms the top of a building
- 2. roof, protective covering, protective cover, protection
- usage: protective covering on top of a motor vehicle
- 3. roof, covering, natural covering, cover
- usage: the inner top surface of a covered area or hollow space; "the roof of the cave was very high"; "I could see the roof of the bear's mouth"
- 4. ceiling, roof, cap, control
- usage: an upper limit on what is allowed; "he put a ceiling on the number of women who worked for him"; "there was a roof on salaries"; "they established a cap for prices"
- 1. roof, cover
- usage: provide a building with a roof; cover a building with a roof
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of roof (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.