- 1. Gypsy, Gipsy, Romany, Rommany, Romani, Roma, Bohemian, Indian
- usage: a member of a people with dark skin and hair who speak Romany and who traditionally live by seasonal work and fortunetelling; they are believed to have originated in northern India but now are living on all continents (but mostly in Europe, North Africa, and North America)
- 2. Romany, Gypsy, Sanskrit, Sanskritic language
- usage: the Indic language of the Gypsies
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Romany, Romani
- usage: of or relating to the Gypsies or their language or culture; "Romani nomads"; "Romany folk songs"; "a Gypsy fortune-teller"
All rights reserved.
See also: romany (Dictionary)