- 1. romantic, idealist, dreamer
- usage: a soulful or amorous idealist
- 2. romanticist, romantic, artist, creative person
- usage: an artist of the Romantic Movement or someone influenced by Romanticism
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. romantic, romanticist, romanticistic
- usage: belonging to or characteristic of Romanticism or the Romantic Movement in the arts; "romantic poetry"
- 2. amatory, amorous, romantic, loving (vs. unloving)
- usage: expressive of or exciting sexual love or romance; "her amatory affairs"; "amorous glances"; "a romantic adventure"; "a romantic moonlight ride"
- 3. quixotic, romantic, wild-eyed, impractical (vs. practical)
- usage: not sensible about practical matters; idealistic and unrealistic; "as quixotic as a restoration of medieval knighthood"; "a romantic disregard for money"; "a wild-eyed dream of a world state"
All rights reserved.
See also: romantic (Dictionary)