Synonyms of romance
- 1. love affair, romance, relationship
- usage: a relationship between two lovers
- 2. romanticism, romance, quality
- usage: an exciting and mysterious quality (as of a heroic time or adventure)
- 3. Romance, Romance language, Latinian language, Latin
- usage: the group of languages derived from Latin
- 4. love story, romance, story
- usage: a story dealing with love
- 5. romance, novel
- usage: a novel dealing with idealized events remote from everyday life
- 1. woo, court, romance, solicit, act, move
- usage: make amorous advances towards; "John is courting Mary"
- 2. romance, love
- usage: have a love affair with
- 3. chat up, flirt, dally, butterfly, coquet, coquette, romance, philander, mash, talk, speak
- usage: talk or behave amorously, without serious intentions; "The guys always try to chat up the new secretaries"; "My husband never flirts with other women"
- 4. romance, lie
- usage: tell romantic or exaggerated lies; "This author romanced his trip to an exotic country"
- 1. Romance, Latin
- usage: relating to languages derived from Latin; "Romance languages"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of romance (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.