- 1. Roman, Italian
- usage: a resident of modern Rome
- 2. Roman, European
- usage: an inhabitant of the ancient Roman Empire
- 3. roman, roman type, roman letters, roman print, proportional font
- usage: a typeface used in ancient Roman inscriptions
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Roman
- usage: relating to or characteristic of people of Rome; "Roman virtues"; "his Roman bearing in adversity"; "a Roman nose"
- 2. Roman, Romanic
- usage: of or relating to or derived from Rome (especially ancient Rome); "Roman architecture"; "the old Roman wall"
- 3. Roman
- usage: characteristic of the modern type that most directly represents the type used in ancient Roman inscriptions
- 4. Roman, R.C., Romanist, romish, Roman Catholic, popish, papist, papistic, papistical
- usage: of or relating to or supporting Romanism; "the Roman Catholic Church"
All rights reserved.
See also: roman (Dictionary)