WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. rod, implement
- usage: a long thin implement made of metal or wood
- 2. rod, bacteria, bacterium
- usage: any rod-shaped bacterium
- 3. perch, rod, pole, linear unit, linear measure
- usage: a linear measure of 16.5 feet
- 4. perch, rod, pole, area unit, square measure
- usage: a square rod of land
- 5. rod, rod cell, retinal rod, visual cell
- usage: a visual receptor cell that is sensitive to dim light
- 6. gat, rod, pistol, handgun, side arm, shooting iron
- usage: a gangster's pistol
All rights reserved.
See also: rod (Dictionary)