WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. rockfish, saltwater fish
- usage: the lean flesh of any of various valuable market fish caught among rocks
- 2. rockfish, scorpaenid, scorpaenid fish
- usage: marine food fish found among rocks along the northern coasts of Europe and America
- 3. striped bass, striper, Roccus saxatilis, rockfish, sea bass
- usage: marine food and game fish with dark longitudinal stripes; migrates upriver to spawn; sometimes placed in the genus Morone
All rights reserved.
See also: rockfish (Dictionary)